Saturday, April 16, 2011

No Age Discrimination

During the last month, in addition to applying for office positions, I have been actively pursuing substitute teaching and caregiver jobs.  I have been given low pressure interviews and readily accepted for hiring without question  (after background and reference checks).   I believe  the reason is because people are needed in these jobs.   Substitution teaching has become saturated, but this week I have been called a few times by one district immediately after being approved by the Board of Education.  I have also been contacted several times by one other district.  So far, I have applied to four school districts.
Next week I will be training for a caregiver job.  My objective is to earn a living between the two jobs, by balancing both.  This is unchartered territory for me and a new direction to pursue.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment