Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Angriness

Frustration and aggravation.   The past few days have been nothing but, with a few brief respites in between.   The realtor e-mailed me that the people who gave us five minutes notice to look at our house thought the asking price should be about $10,000 less.   They were comparing our house to one in a different neighborhood much further west and not as conveniently located.  Whatever happened to location, location, location?  Then go live somewhere else.  I e-mailed him back.   Let them make an offer.   But no.   The line of thinking is if you lower your price you will be offered even less and more in line with a $20,000 reduction.   In so many words, the realtor said our price should be lower to begin with.   I am sick and tired of being sliced and diced and pared down to minimum proportions.   All they want is their commission and to unload you.  Well, guess what?  I, too, am looking forward to the day when I can say sayonara to Mr. Realtor.   
I have had it with everyone wanting us to lower our price.  We already lowered it again.  Enough. What they really want is to get this house (or any house) for a song.  We do not want to play that tune.  If you GIVE your house away, SOMEBODY will take it.  I am about to pop a cork (literally and figuratively) and pour a stiff one.  
 

4 comments:

  1. The Great Bush Recession is over. "Most consumer spending in four years." The economy is expanding, unemployment is down (a little.) Employment and GDP are up (a little.) "...the forrest for the trees." I spent 40 years learning and teaching that social science explains and predicts statistically. The science of tendencies not of indibidual choices or events. Your situation does not refute the Obama recovery. I fervently hope downsizing will be your solution. My dauter 62, has an underwater mortgage but has a job and can hold on for price recovery. Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Downsizing is the only solution in my situation and hopefully, a whole new way of life. I appreciate your fervent support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your picture up there, "If you aren't angry, you aren't paying attention." Or perhaps you've just been lucky during the past few years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. I thought it was an accurate depiction. Luck definitely plays into the equation but not without hard work and effort.

    ReplyDelete