Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Open House SNAFU

At the last minute, we decided to cancel the open house because of all the ice.   The realtor informed us that one couple who looked at our house wanted to look at it again and were planning to come to the open house.  He made arrangements to meet them and their realtor at our house so we wouldn’t lose them.   He was afraid they would look at other houses and move on.   They came and looked again, looked at other houses anyway, and still haven’t made up their minds.  In the meantime, someone else came by while the realtor was here and still another person later on who I e-mailed about the open house and couldn’t understand why there was no open house.  Are you still with me?   Next open house rescheduled for Sunday.   Someone.  Please.  Make an offer.  And stop the madness.

4 comments:

  1. I hope for you that something pops soon. I can't believe that anybody has the income or the credit for a house in this market. It astounds me that some people are surviving. But... the unemployment rate is going down quite a bit among those who are in the 30-45 age range.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many young people with good jobs cannot afford to buy a home. They're also afraid to make that commitment without job security.

    ReplyDelete
  3. tinydancer: "your" song is making the news. This is my 4th attempt to post. I have two points: your own experience is a poor guide to reality--all you have is your own experience. Try to thread the needle. #2. Adopt "downsizing" as your theme. Mother Earth News mostly had it wrong. Tom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tom, for being persistent in posting. My experience is my reality. To improve the reality of my situation, downsizing is the only way to go. Perhaps, I should write about how our lifestyle has changed since this began.

    Mother Earth News was about living a frugal, simple and simultaneously happy life. What in your estimation did they have wrong?

    ReplyDelete