Thursday, January 13, 2011

Networking and Taking Courses

The Department of Labor encourages the unemployed to do volunteer work while looking for a job.  They also suggest taking courses to update your skills and stay current to compete in the current market.   While being available to work, I have productively used my time volunteering and taking computer courses both in class and online.   Having lost my job over a year ago and attending job seminars, job fairs, outplacement classes, polishing my resume and cover letters,  applying to countless positions, absorbing and consuming any and all information I can get my hands on in an effort to land my next job has been a difficult, if not fruitless journey, to say the least.

2 comments:

  1. Hello - I don't even know your name, but I have read all your posts on this blog and I feel as if I know a part of you. It is a sad thing that is happening to our country, is it not? But what I really want to say is this: you are an exceptionally gifted writer and I would encourage you to continue to exercise this talent of yours.

    Best wishes to you and your husband,
    Tim Carmell (timcarmell@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking the time to read my entire blog and for your wishes. Thanks also for your compliments on my writing ability. (Mom always said I could write.) I hope you will continue to follow my blog and pass it along.

    ReplyDelete