Monday, March 28, 2011

Best Laid Plans

In my quest for answers, I have recently read the book “Ninety Minutes in Heaven” by Don Piper recommended by a close friend.  It is about a man who died for 90 minutes and came back to tell about it.  He was left for dead but believes that the power of prayer is what brought him back and kept him here.  It is the most convincing account of the hereafter I have ever read.   I have always wavered between believing and not believing in an afterlife but this book gave me pause for serious thought.
I have been told there are your plans and there are God’s plans. God helps those who help themselves.  Pray as though everything depended on God.  Work as though everything depended on you.  At this juncture, it has been three weeks since anyone has looked at our house.  Maybe I am “philosophically rationalizing” but it is starting to feel like there are forces keeping us right where we are.   I have also been reading stories of struggle and desperation written by people who are losing everything because they have lost their jobs and have health problems.   If you think about life on earth with all its struggles and strife, hardship and poverty, and the evil that exists, perhaps earth is hell with glimpses of heaven.  
No one knows where their journey is leading them and maybe you have to suffer more than you expected along the way but is there something more?  The answers aren’t clear but hindsight sometimes brings insight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment